This is all that is left of a big jug of carrots and pineapple juice that I made.
I love a nice, cold glass of Coke, but in trying to be healthy, I’ve started to make my own drinks. I love this recipe from Vianney of Sweet Life. When I first saw the ingredients of carrots and pineapple, I thought it was an unusual combination. I was skeptical about the taste. However, it turns out that they make a really nice mixture and taste refreshingly good. My carrots and pineapple juice didn’t last long. It almost disappeared faster than a blink of an eye.
Agua de Zanahoria y Piña
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: serves 6
- 1 lb carrots – washed, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 cups water
- Sugar, agave or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Add carrots and pineapple to your juicer. Pour into a large pitcher add water, lime juice.
- Sweeten to taste.
- Serve over ice with lime wedges.
- If using a blender, strain