June 21, 2012 | Filed Under Salad
Laylita of Laylita’s Recipes describes this salad as a quick and easy one to prepare. She’s right. It’s quick and easy AND delicious! Her recipe calls for arugula salad but I used a mix of varied baby salad leaves. It worked just fine. I’ve made this salad several times again. I. Love. It. I predict I’ll be eating a lot more of this salad and never get tired of it.
Strawberry goat cheese arugula salad
- ¼ medium sized red onion, sliced
- 4 loosely packed cups of arugula leaves
- 8 oz strawberries, sliced (about 1 ½ cups sliced)
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup spicy sweet pecans, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the red onion slices in cold lightly salted water until ready to use – this will help soak out the bitterness.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and salt. The easiest way to do this is to put them in an airtight container and shake them until the ingredients are blended.
- Strain the onions and mix them with the arugula and the balsamic olive oil dressing.
- Layer the strawberry slices, goat cheese and spicy pecans on top.
- Toss table-side and serve immediately.