More NYC buildings.
*It’s De-Lurking Month!
Sheryl at Paper Napkin created De-Lurking Week, which fell on the second week of January (The year before, it was De-Lurking Day.). Since I only found out about it a few days ago, I obviously missed it. I think itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s an important event, which should last a little longer. So, with SherylÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s permission, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m extending the event till the end of the month. Perhaps, next year it will officially be De-Lurking Month. Below are a few buttons that Sheryl and other bloggers made. You can see all the buttons here. Very creative. Thanks, Sheryl! Cool idea!
In case there are any lurkers around, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d love to hear from you. Come on out and say hello. It wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be painful at all. I promise.
Matar Pula (Peas Pilaf) from Hooked on Heat
Peas, peas, peas!
Here are three recipes I recently made containing peas. All good, they definitely add an extra special taste to each meal.
Como Agua para Chocolate/Like Water for Chocolate (1992)
Cyndi of Cooking with Cyndi has tagged me for this meme.
Four Jobs You’ve Had in Your Life:
- Baby Sitter
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
- The Tango Lesson (1997)
- Whale Rider (2002)
- Bossa Nova (2000)
- Como Agua para Chocolate/ Like Water for Chocolate (1992)
Four Places You’ve Lived:
Four Websites You Visit Daily:
Four Shows You Love to Watch:
- Walker, Texas Ranger reruns
- Law & Order series Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Original, SVU, CI
- The Closer
- Avatar: The Last Air Bender
Four of Your Favorite Foods:
Four Albums You CanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t Live without:
- Jorge AragÃƒÂ£o Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Da Noite Pro Dia
- Terra Nostra Soundtrack
- Djavan (Ao Vivo) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ CD 1 & 2
- Johann StrauÃƒÅ¸ (Sohn) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ BerÃƒÂ¼hmte Walzer
Four Places YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d Rather Be:
Four People You Tag:
7 Things To Do Before I Die
- Travel to India, see the Taj Mahal, other places of interest, and enjoy the cuisine.
- Travel to Austria, twirl around the spot where they filmed The Sound of Music and sing Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe Hills are Alive,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ just like Julie Andrews (perhaps Angelika will sing with me!)
- Make decent parathas, meat and dessert empanadas.
- Sample laska with Stephanie in Singapore and visit the enticing-sounding food stalls.
- Travel to Kay-El, Malaysia and sample some of the delicious foods that Boo_licious blogs about.
- Travel with my friend Nancy to Portugal as we mentioned ages ago.
- Go to a Jorge AragÃƒÂ£o concert in Brazil and travel all over the country Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bahia, Manaus, Minas Gerais Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and see the sights Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Iguassu Falls, Sugar Loaf Mountain, and much more.
7 Things I Cannot Do
- I cannot make decent parathas.
- I cannot make decent meat or dessert empanadas.
- I cannot ice skate.
- I cannot ski.
- I cannot say no to a good meal.
- I cannot say no to a good dessert.
- I cannot be pass up watching An Affair to Remember, Cinema Paradiso, The Big Blue, and Ben Hur.
7 Things That Attract Me To Blogging
- The chance to document my cooking adventures and progress in a different way
- Getting the opportunity to learn about cooking
- Getting the opportunity to learn about different foods
- Getting the opportunity to meet others with similar interest
- Finding lots of wonderful recipes
- Being a part of an amazing online community
- Food bloggers are INSPIRING!
7 Things I Say Most Often
- Time to walk the dogs.
- Buy me some olive oil.
- Tomorrow is another day.
- Have a good day/evening!
7 Books I Love
- The Bible
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency – Alexander McCall Smith
- The Color of Water Ã¢â‚¬â€œ James McBride
- Call of the Wild/White Fang Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Jack London
- The Prophet Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Kahlil Gibran
- The Memoirs of Cleopatra Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Margaret George
- The Stone Boudoir Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Theresa Maggio
7 Movies/DVDs I Watch Over & Over Again
- ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- The Sound of Music (1965)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Coming to America (1988)
- Guys & Dolls (1955)
- Amor Bandido (1979)
- Todo Sobre mi Madre/All About My Mother (1999)